Tailwind mobile styling
Targeting mobile screens,By default, Tailwind uses a mobile first breakpoint system, similar to what you might be used to in other frameworks like Bootstrap.,Targeting a single breakpoint
<!-- Width of 16 by default, 32 on medium screens, and 48 on large screens --> <img class="w-16 md:w-32 lg:w-48" src="...">
Tailwind Mobile mostly designed to be used with "parent" frameworks like Ionic or Framework7. In this case you use "parent" framework as your app shell (routing, navigation, state management, native APIs, etc.) and Tailwind Mobile components for inner pages/views UIs.,Tailwind Mobile comes with an awesome set of ready to use UI elements:,Using it with frameworks like Capacitor and Cordova you can easily create real native apps with native look and feel.
By default, Tailwind uses a mobile-first breakpoint system, similar to what you might be used to in other frameworks like Bootstrap.,If this is your first time hearing about TailwindCSS, do well to read this article first.,There are five breakpoints by default, inspired by common device resolutions:
<img src="example.png" class="w-24 md:w-34 lg:w-full" alt="">
We’re going to build a mobile-friendly, fully responsive navigation using Tailwind CSS that:,You should now have a fully functional mobile-friendly, responsive navigation.,Mobile web browsing overtook desktop web browsing several years ago, so it makes sense to build the navigation mobile-first. We'll concentrate on getting this to work on mobile (smaller screens) and then adapt this to work on desktops later.
<html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>Responsive Navigation</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="public/dist/styles.css"> </head> <body> <h1 class="text-center my-10 text-4xl">Responsive Navigation</h1> <nav class="flex flex-col md:flex-row bg-gray-200 p-5"> <div class="flex flex-wrap justify-between items-center"> <div> Logo goes here... </div> <div class="burger md:hidden"> <div class="bar1 h-1 w-7 my-1.5 bg-gray-800 duration-300"></div> <div class="bar2 h-1 w-7 my-1.5 bg-gray-800"></div> <div class="bar3 h-1 w-7 my-1.5 bg-gray-800 duration-300"></div> </div> </div> <ul class="links md:flex flex-col md:flex-row text-center w-full md:justify-around hidden"> <li> <a href="#" class="block p-5"> Home </a> </li> <li> <a href="#" class="block p-5"> Services </a> </li> <li> <a href="#" class="block p-5"> About </a> </li> <li> <a href="#" class="block p-5"> Contact </a> </li> <li> <a href="#" class="block p-5"> Blog </a> </li> </ul> </nav> <script src="public/dist/script.js"></script> </body> </html>
Listing 1. Tailwind header
!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" /> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/tailwindcss@^2.0/dist/tailwind.min.css"> <title>Intro to Tailwind CSS</title> </head> <body></body> </html>
Tailwind CSS is an amazing library that could take some getting used to. However, when you master it, you can quickly prototype responsive web applications that you can later optimize for production and maintainability.,We have set up everything we need to work with Tailwind right now, and we will address any other settings we might need when we get there.,We import Tailwind at the top of our index.js file by writing:
Setting up a very minimal Next.js project is very easy. It requires NPM to be installed. We need to install React, React-DOM, and Next.js via NPM (or Yarn) and set up our project by adding
index.js in a
pages folder. That is it.
npm init - ynpm i next react react - dom
Other "styling-mobile" queries related to "Tailwind mobile styling"
- Styling Material UI Autocomplete's option background color
- Styling in react based on scroll position
- Why is overflow-x:clip not working on mobile browser
- Tailwind dark mode toggle works but styles do not change
- Is it possible to download json data (containing paths to videos, images, audio, etc) using QRCode and react js from browser to mobile?
- How to create alternating vertical timeline with Tailwind & CSS
- Toggle visibility of underlying table row <tr> in React (NextJS) and Tailwind CSS
- Tailwind CSS unnecessary whitespace
- Website different on PC and on Mobile with DESKTOP VIEW ENABLED React
- Is it possible to hover over header tag with tailwind?
- React website with framer motion crashes on mobile devices
- Why is Tailwind styling not applied when used inside a React component?
- Material ui contained button styling being overidden by MuiButtonBase-root
- Network error for post request in Axios only on mobile browsers
- Modal with tailwind is not overlapping the form
- React ignoring useMobileDetection custom hook return value unless resized
- Styles working locally but not applied properly when running `npm run build` on react app with tailwindcss
- Auto completion for classes on React Tailwind CSS app not appearing in WebStorm
- Why not use the react native more to make cross-mobile applications? [closed]
- Trying to slide in menu component from left to take up whole screen on browser for mobile upon hamburger menu button click
- Styling of pages is correct on local but wrong on live
- Show notification at bottom-center in mobile devices in REACT NOTIFICATION COMPONENT LIBRARY
- Don't apply tailwindcss to certain react components
- Tailwind mobile styling
- How to use @apply directive of tailwind in any .scss file instead of only using it main tailwind file(in React)?
- Node module included in babel-loader is not defined in Webpack 5
- React.memo and withRouter
- How to sync the antd multiple select table checkbox state with a select option
- How to perevent reseting the website when changing the address bar URL manually - using local storage
- Make DOM scroll to show desired content using CSS
- React.js: How to compare data from 2 objects of arrays?
- Hidden input does not pass the value to the server
- Updating useState inside useReducer? Also my reducer is firing twice at the first dispatch called
- React how to select how much I have scrolled below
- ENOENT: no such file or directory. Error Occur while Starting App
- How to enable react-jsonschema-form themes when using the CDN library
- How to call client-server side render and static generation render
- Is it possible to delay Fade's transition?
- Upload file csv into table react.js
- How to use useParams in mapStateToProps?
- Catch error after promise initialize warning in unit test
- How to create a POST request to store file on server from local path - React Native
- Changing the order of Grid Item stacking in material-ui