Shorter php cipher than md5?
maybe this will help you generate a 12 char string that you can pass in a URL, without increasing the risk of collisions,You may also generate any random string and insert it into database, checking if not already exists prior to saving. This will allow you to have short hashes, and ensure there are no collisions.,I also have to assume that you can create many form fields but they can't have a length larger than 12 characters each.,For a variety of stupid reasons, the maximum length of a given form variable that we are posting to an external server is 12 characters.
maybe this will help you generate a 12 char string that you can pass in a URL, without increasing the risk of collisions
substr(base_convert(md5($string), 16, 32), 0, 12);
I wanted to obscure that value with md5, but obviously with 12 characters that isn't going to work. Is there a cipher with an already-made PHP function which will result in something 12 characters or less?,I also have to assume that you can create many form fields but they can't have a length larger than 12 characters each.,maybe this will help you generate a 12 char string that you can pass in a URL, without increasing the risk of collisions,If you just need a hash, you can still use the first 12 characters from the md5 hash.
You can reduce the loss of information by taking the first twelve characters of a 16 character representation (the raw form):
substr(md5($string, true), 0, 12);
Name of selected hashing algorithm (i.e. "md5", "sha256", "haval160,4", etc..). For a list of supported algorithms see hash_algos(). ,md5() - Calculate the md5 hash of a string,sha1() - Calculate the sha1 hash of a string, hash_hmac_algos
Other "shorter-undefined" queries related to "Shorter php cipher than md5?"
- Laravel 5.4 can't run “php artisan preset react” comand
- How can we decipher if a site is using angular react or vue?
- Basic Auth Send API_KEY to php api - REACTJS
- How can I fetch options from Phpmyadmin in reactjs
- How can I connect my React app to a PHP file?
- Open server document in browser with php and react
- Php mysql inserting two times empty and full
- How can I get Phpstorm to recognize NextJS pages as being used?
- How to can i change my index.html file in create react app to index.php file i want to make it a dynamic page with php
- React Form to send data to PHP script which should then send email
- React-Laravel(7.2) Component not showing in blade.php
- Is there a way I can make this code shorter?
- How to parse a website made with React using PHP? [closed]
- How to add bundled react component into php page
- Starting a php session from react with an axios call does not keep the session alive, but doing it with postman works just fine
- PHP Library for JSX Compilation
- How to host React and PHP application on gcloud?
- User registration with React, Axios and PHP backend
- How to use react and php on xampp server to fetch data from database?
- How can I improve this component or separate it into shorter ones?
- Convert php session to react
- Getting a “404 Not Found” when I attempt to “Run Debug Application” of React app in PhpStorm
- Questions about php and react.js (please help im very lost)
- Installing laravel --prefer-dist
- '&&' vs. '&' with the 'test' command in Bash
- How to catch undefined functions with set_error_handler in PHP
- Installer/packager for a Java application for Ubuntu and SuSE
- How to remove text between tags in php?
- /tmp vs. /dev/shm for temp file storage on Linux?
- How to debug gettext not working in PHP?
- How to make strtotime parse dates in Australian (i.e. UK) format: dd/mm/yyyy?
- Get filesystem path of installed composer package
- PHP Manager - Downloaded file failed signature verification
- What methods exist for setting up a large email notification system?
- PHP Cut String At specific character
- How to implement authorization using a Telegram API?
- Faceted Search (solr) vs Good old filtering via PHP?
- What is meant by whereRaw in PHP Laravel framework
- WordPress and Call to undefined function add_menu_page()
- How to override trait function and call it from the overridden function?
- How to use multiple databases in Laravel
- How can I check if mysql table column even exists?
- Zend Framework cookie management