Populate Month Based on Date Field in Django
Introduction to class-based views (Django docs),For Django class-based views we access an appropriate view function by calling the class method as_view(), This does all the work of creating an instance of the class, and making sure that the right handler methods are called for incoming HTTP requests
urlpatterns = [ path('', views.index, name = 'index'), path('books/', views.BookListView.as_view(), name = 'books'), ]
I want to add a new column to the DataFrame containing only the month of the measurement,I want to work with the dates in the column datetime as datetime objects instead of plain text,What is the start and end date of the time series data set we are working with?,Valid date strings can be converted to datetime objects using to_datetime function or as part of read functions,
In: import pandas as pd In: import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
Set this to the name of a DateField or DateTimeField to require that this field be unique for the value of the date field,,Returns the database column data type for fields such as ForeignKey and OneToOneField that point to the Field, taking into account the connection
YEAR_IN_SCHOOL_CHOICES = [ ('FR', 'Freshman'), ('SO', 'Sophomore'), ('JR', 'Junior'), ('SR', 'Senior'), ('GR', 'Graduate'), ]
I would like to have a field auto-generate the month based on the date entered before it, ,But the above will make Month available only after the instance has been saved
class Projects(models.Model): Name = models.CharField(max_length = 100, null = True, blank = False) Date = models.DateField(null = True, blank = False) Month = models.CharField(max_length = 100, null = True, blank = False) def get_month(self): if self.Date: self.Month = self.Date.strftime("%B") self.save()
Create a calculation using the DATEPARSE function , Create a calculation using the DATEPARSE function , Create a calculation using the DATE function , Create a calculation using the DATE function
DATE(LEFT([Original Date], 2) + "/" + MID([Original Date], 3, 3) + "/" + RIGHT([Original Date], 4))
Django ModelForm – Create form from Models,DateField – Django Models,DateTimeField – Django Models,Campus Geek of the Month
field_name = models.DateField( ** options)
You can simply override your save to add the auto-field instead of calling save in a new method:,You can instead create a property, so that Month is available from an instance of the model and also prevent adding duplicate info in your DB:, Would rubber carriage wheels significantly improve the efficiency of horse-drawn carriage travel? , I think instead of creating a separate field, you should create a Month property on Projects model, It will handle the logic of returning the Month value based on the Date attribute
class Projects(models.Model): Name = models.CharField(max_length = 100, null = True, blank = False) Date = models.DateField(null = True, blank = False) Month = models.CharField(max_length = 100, null = True, blank = False) def save(self, * args, ** kwargs): if self.Date: self.Month = self.Date.strftime("%B") super(Model, self).save( * args, ** kwargs)
Other "based-month" answers related to "Populate Month Based on Date Field in Django"
- Importing package and modules from another directory in python
- How to play sound from a video (cv2) in Python
- Python and 'print ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION' prints wrong version
- Python Regular Expressions - extract every table cell content [duplicate]
- Creating cliques from connected components using networkx
- How To Have User Input Date and Subtract from It
- Python re.search() and re.findall() [duplicate]
- Filter by grandchildren count in SQLAlchemy
- Move last value to first value [duplicate]
- Posting to FB Application Activities Graph API endpoint with Flask
- Selenium clicking next button programmatically until the last page
- Python can load modules from remote server?
- How to parse specific substrings from a string or json(string)?
- Luigi: how to pass arguments to dependencies using luigi.build interface?
- The dll created by Boost.Python cannot be imported (following Boost Python's QuickStart)
- Ast's col_offset is different between local and App Engine?
- What am I doing wrong with requests in python: ValueError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)?
- Scrapy yeild items from multiple requests
- Scrapy spider add health check before starting spider
- Why does my tkinter app will show a node.js window?