How run different versions of node.js in same time?
Step 7 — Unloading Node Version Manager , Step 2 — Installing Multiple Node.js Versions ,With nvm installed, you can now install and work with multiple versions of Node.js., Step 5 — Switching Between Node.js Versions
To get started, you will need to install the Node Version Manager, or
nvm, on your system. You can install it manually by running the following command:
curl - o - https: //raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.34.0/install.sh | bash
Meta Stack Overflow , Stack Overflow Public questions & answers , Stack Overflow help chat ,Stack Overflow en español
Check out this nice article on how to set it up/use it with different versions: http://codetheory.in/using-node-version-manager-nvm-to-manage-multiple-node-js-versions/
Check rebrec's comment below for instructions on how to use
In this blog, we will get to know and learn about running multiple node js version on the same machine with NVM .,To overcome this problem, we can use the Node Version Manager (NVM). NVM allows installing multiple node js versions on the same machine and switching between the required node js version.,Multiple NodeJs version can be installed using the below command.,UnInstall the multiple NodeJs version
Usually, we work on different versions for our Node.js project and it’s hard to manage them, but fortunately, there is a tool called NVM(node version manager) which helps to manage your node version and switch between them according to your projects.,Switch Node Version: The switching between different node versions can be done using the following command:,How to update Node.js and NPM to next version ?,How to install the previous version of node.js and npm ?
Without a good tool, this would mean spending a lot of time and effort manually uninstalling and reinstalling Node versions and their global packages. Fortunately, there’s a better way!,When switching to a different version, nvm will make the node instance in your terminal symlink to the proper Node.js instance.,By running the above, nvm will install Node.js version 12.14.1, the corresponding npm version, and reinstall the global npm packages you had installed for the 10.18.1 version.,You can run a command directly for an installed version without switching the node variable:
curl - o - https: //raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.35.2/install.sh | bash
I am sure that many of you are in the same situation that I am in with needing a different version of node for different projects and you don’t want to have to create a new virtual machine for each project just because of node. Luckily with nvm you can install multiple versions of Node on the same machine and switch between them with a simple command line call.,Now you can easily switch between Node versions and don’t have to worry about compatibility with your code not working on your installed Node version.,Installing Node packages is the same as you are used to. Nvm just switches out which version is referenced in your path variables.,The one downside to having multiple versions of Node installed is that you have to install the global packages for each version of node that you want them available to. There is no ability to share packages between versions. This means that it will take a bit more disk space but most node packages are fairly small so this should be a none issue.
Get a the list so you can see what is available
$ nvm list available
Other "different-undefined" queries related to "How run different versions of node.js in same time?"
- React i18next Backend-Path different in local and production environment
- How do I focus input elements which are on different components in React?
- Styles working locally but not applied properly when running `npm run build` on react app with tailwindcss
- Getting an error when running “npx wdio config”
- How to create Image Grid Slider with different heights and width of image ( masonry slider )
- Error when running next js - TypeError: (0 , react_jsx_dev_runtime__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_0__.jsxDEV) is not a function
- Detecting production vs. development React at runtime
- React Warning: Cannot update a component from inside the function body of a different component
- Stop useEffect from running on mount
- How to make responsive image in carasoul while the images are in different sizes?
- How can I put together my different react fragments to avoid “element type is invalid error” when rendering my APP?
- Filter by different or multiple sources in react admin list
- Running a component test in React is compiling my index.ts file and breaks the test
- Why this useEffect hook is running several times when app start loaded for the first time?
- Create an object with a keyName and the value input both located in different parent jsx elements
- Hello, I wanted to implement different css fonts in Windows and Mac for same page in web application. Can anyone provide me how can we achieve this
- Next.js only runs getServerSideProps once, not fetching new data when accessed by next/router
- How to call a service several times with different data
- Error [BrowserslistError] while running yarn start
- How can I mock only a function inside an component when tests are running in React?
- Css different style to specific div created by map
- Is there a way that I can use two different ThemeProviders in my React app
- Unable to run sample app second time on React Js [closed]
- Destructuring props in component getting different result
- Php exec() background process issues
- PHP PDO: Fetching data as objects - properties assigned BEFORE __construct is called. Is this correct?
- Fgetc reads character with value = -1
- Paypal IPN always return "payment_status: Pending" on sandbox?
- PHP SOAP error catching
- Upload an image with jquery ajax with a duplicate-able input
- PHP - Grab the first element using a foreach
- PHP locking / making sure a given script is only running once at any given time
- Does mprotect flush the instruction cache on ARM Linux?
- Oracle Equivalent of MySQL's TEXT type
- Make PHP pathinfo() return the correct filename if the filename is UTF-8
- Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given [duplicate]
- Checking if a constant is empty
- Difference between setuid and seteuid function
- Unset data from WordPress API (wp-json)
- PHP: Elegant way to avoid division by zero
- Why were GNU binutils and GDB merged as one package?
- Cannot redeclare function php [duplicate]
- How to check a non-empty directory on a remote machine in single command