Auto start file download after form submission
Meta Stack Overflow ,Stack Overflow en español,Stack Overflow em Português, Stack Overflow Public questions & answers
You could send the form to the Thank you document and put there a META refresh to the file download:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=download.php"> <p>Thank you! The download will start in 3 seconds. If not, use this link to download the <a href="download.php">file</a></p>
I have a web form that users complete online. When they press submit it will start a file download for them.,At the moment, I process the form submission and generate a suitable file for the user and fire it off with suitable headers. eg...,The --continue makes it easier to restart a stalled/dead download.,The -P makes it easy to restart a stalled/dead download.
At the moment, I process the form submission and generate a suitable file for the user and fire it off with suitable headers. eg...
header('Content-type: "application/octet-stream"'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="yourfile.txt"'); header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
I can add a simple download link in the post-submit HTML, but this is an extra click for the user and potentially confusing after they've already clicked 'Download'. , Thank you for the code. It's working. But i want to download the file once the form is filled and submit button is clicked. Is it possible to do that?? ,So, I'd like the PDF to be automatically downloaded when the form is submitted. , I got this working with the following code in form post-submit HTML
I got this working with the following code in form post-submit HTML
<script> var link = document.createElement('a'); link.href = '/s/filename.pdf'; link.download = 'filename.pdf'; link.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent('click')); </script>
Firstly, create a form with the hidden submit button.,Create a button outside the form and also give it a unique id to access it.,Approach 1: Creating submit form button outside the form:,After that, we simply call the submit event on the form to submit it, after triggering the download from the element we created.
Downloading file after form submission ,Im am trying to force a file download after user submits a form. When user hits submit button POST data are send to a template (sort of "thank you for downloading" page). This template on successful submission redirects to another template through this code,Redirection then hits this template code (located in download template):,However, I got a little class that works pretty well for download files. Without getting headache.
Im am trying to force a file download after user submits a form. When user hits submit button POST data are send to a template (sort of "thank you for downloading" page). This template on successful submission redirects to another template through this code
< ? php $downloadurl = $pages - > get('/download/') - > url; header('refresh: 0; url='.$downloadurl); ? >
Redirection then hits this template code (located in download template):
< ? php // filename & url of the pdf file $filename = $pages - > get('/some-page/') - > file - > name; $fileurl = $pages - > get('/some-page/') - > file - > url; $filesize = $pages - > get('/some-page/') - > file - > filesize; // force download of the file header('Content-type: application/pdf'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename='.$filename); header("Content-Length: ".$filesize); readfile($fileurl);
Want extra lead generation on your WordPress site? Offer file downloads after form submission! Just create forms that require email to download files. Here's the perfect email before download plugin.,Then feel free to add whatever fields to the form you want. This is the form where users submit information to receive a download.,You did it! Now you should have a fully functioning form that requires an email to download a file, giving new subscribers access to your gated content.,The next step is to show them the downloadable file after they give you their email address. This is where the whole idea of offering the files is put into action.
In the content box, click on the Text tab instead of Visual. You’ll need to enter some HTML to create a link to the download:
<a href="[x]">Open [y]</a>
Other "start-undefined" queries related to "Auto start file download after form submission"
- Typescript cannot find module when import svg file
- Running a component test in React is compiling my index.ts file and breaks the test
- React file upload and display image without saving upload to server
- Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat … .steampath
- Is there a way to make separate files for components such as logic, html and CSS in ReactJS like Angular?
- Why this useEffect hook is running several times when app start loaded for the first time?
- Why is my React form being seen as application/json when I set it to multipart/form-data? The file I upload is being seen as undefined
- React: File-Saver adding underscore between the filename
- I am downloading multiple files using electron-dl but progressbar is getting corrupted
- Error [BrowserslistError] while running yarn start
- React : call async method from same file
- Click to open PDF - You may need an appropriate loader to handle this file type
- Electron Forge - Use ipcRenderer in the renderer file
- How to config webpack or nextjs to create css file from material custom styles and then inject it into header
- Print File from API Response
- VSCode TypeScript JSX attribute autocomplete not working
- How to create a POST request to store file on server from local path - React Native
- Upload file csv into table react.js
- ENOENT: no such file or directory. Error Occur while Starting App
- Mocking file input in React TestUtils
- Serve files from `.well-known` folder in a React app
- Starter in Reactjs hooks Need to call an on click event openModal() from column.js components where event defined in Table.js
- How to use @apply directive of tailwind in any .scss file instead of only using it main tailwind file(in React)?
- Extract inputs list (fields) from a pdf file to create an html form in react js
- Docker/Symfony/Reactjs/Keycloak : How to make an HTTP request from a container to another with separated docker-compose files?
- Maximum length of command line argument that can be passed to SQL*Plus?
- Using Docker I get the error: "SQLSTATE[HY000]  No such file or directory"
- Writing STRINGS to serial port in C++ linux
- Bash -- Renaming Files
- How to install TBB from source on Linux and make it work
- Shorter php cipher than md5?
- Installing laravel --prefer-dist
- '&&' vs. '&' with the 'test' command in Bash
- How to catch undefined functions with set_error_handler in PHP
- Installer/packager for a Java application for Ubuntu and SuSE
- How to remove text between tags in php?
- /tmp vs. /dev/shm for temp file storage on Linux?
- How to debug gettext not working in PHP?
- How to make strtotime parse dates in Australian (i.e. UK) format: dd/mm/yyyy?
- Get filesystem path of installed composer package
- PHP Manager - Downloaded file failed signature verification
- What methods exist for setting up a large email notification system?
- PHP Cut String At specific character
- How to implement authorization using a Telegram API?
- Faceted Search (solr) vs Good old filtering via PHP?