Asynchronous API call to self in symfony 3 / php / guzzle
Main problem of comments above: they missed event loop part. From guzzle side there is problem too - it should call $curl->tick itself inside of $query->run() to hide implementation details (there are other backends except curl!). But that has nothing to do with async question.,But $curl->tick() calls \GuzzleHttp\Promise\queue()->run() inside! And it use delays inside, so yes, @natebrunette, it's blocking but not for long, request itself is much longer.,To wait for all requests to complete you can use this from the mentioned example:,What a bullshit that asynchronous requests feature! Does not seem to work at all :(. In this example, the callbacks are never executed unless you uncomment the wait() (which of course is not what we want to do):
$req = $client - > getAsync('http://api.com/get_a_lot_of_data'); // Shouldn't request be sent here ? ... // do something while the long request is in progress in order not to waste time do_work(); $req - > then(...); $req - > wait(); // ... so here request can already complete
The HTTP client is interoperable with many common HTTP client abstractions in PHP. You can also use any of these abstractions to profit from autowirings. See Interoperability for more information.,The HttpClient component is a low-level HTTP client with support for both PHP stream wrappers and cURL. It provides utilities to consume APIs and supports synchronous and asynchronous operations. You can install it with:,This component also supports streaming responses for full asynchronous applications.,The following standalone example demonstrates a way to use the HTTP client and test it in a real application:
$ composer require symfony / http - client
protocols: (array, default=['http', 'https']) Specified which protocols are allowed for redirect requests.,protocols: (array, default=['http', 'https']) Specified which protocols are allowed for redirect requests. ,Pass a string to specify an HTTP proxy, or an array to specify different proxies for different protocols.,on_redirect: (callable) PHP callable that is invoked when a redirect is encountered. The callable is invoked with the original request and the redirect response that was received. Any return value from the on_redirect function is ignored.
$client = new GuzzleHttp\ Client(['base_uri' => 'http://httpbin.org']);
On the flip side, they don’t have as intuitive an interface, nor the helper utility methods that third-party libraries such as GuzzleHttp and Symfony’s HTTP client, do. In addition, it:,Created by Michael Dowling, GuzzleHttp is likely the most well-known and used of the three third-party libraries that I’m covering in this tutorial.,Symfony’s HTTP client,Now that we’ve looked at two native ways to make HTTP/S requests in PHP, let’s see how to do so using three of the most well-known third-party packages.
mkdir - p php - http / photos cd php - http composer require vlucas / phpdotenv
Guzzle can send both synchronous and asynchronous requests.,If you are familiar with Rest API, you must know about HTTP calls created for getting and posting data from the client to the server. What if you wish to create a REST API client in PHP? Your answer would be to go with CURL. CURL is the most widely used method to make HTTP calls but it contains several complicated steps.,Let’s see how Guzzle creates a request:,So all my servers hosted on the Cloudways Platforms are being fetched. Similarly, you can create new methods with HTTP calls to get applications, server settings, services and etc.
$url = “https: //api.cloudways.com/api/v1”
Search Answer Titles
$response = $client - > request('POST', 'http://httpbin.org/post', [ 'form_params' => [ 'field_name' => 'abc', 'other_field' => '123', 'nested_field' => [ 'nested' => 'hello' ] ] ]);
Other "undefined-undefined" queries related to "Asynchronous API call to self in symfony 3 / php / guzzle"
- React state resets/behaves badly when changing rapidly
- How to make axios call in react native expo for both android and ios?
- How to call multiple functions on the same onClick event ReactJS
- React Hooks - How to ensure setState isn't called last in the call stack?
- Why are my firebase emulator get-call promises not resolving in jest unit tests
- How to call api only on mount and click of Fetch Next User button
- How can I open a markercluster programmatically
- Print File from API Response
- How to make react to wait until api data is retrieved when use fetch
- Expected an assignment or function call Redux action creator
- Jest how to mock implementation of an API call
- Why is `Promise.then` called twice in a React component but not the console.log?
- React - call two methods, but only last method logout is called
- Difference between providing a boolean vs object to historyApiFallback in webpack config?
- How to connect existing strapi server (without admin access to it) with React?
- Can't retrieve data from youtube Api in React Native expo
- How to call a method with a delay?
- Save React page programmatically (html/pdf)
- How to call client-server side render and static generation render
- Updating useState inside useReducer? Also my reducer is firing twice at the first dispatch called
- Reactjs update context api data after axios response
- Set focus to dynamically created <input fields - use of ID, ref or name?
- How to structure data reducers in Redux-toolkit with multiple apis
- How to implement Google Maps JS API in React without an external library?
- Starter in Reactjs hooks Need to call an on click event openModal() from column.js components where event defined in Table.js
- Shopify Api for products details updating using PHP
- Stream webcam via. Wowza streaming server
- Laravel is great but... where's the consideration for HATEOAS?
- Laravel and variable naming conventions (snake case + camel case)
- Accessing relations of a table with inheritance
- Can you force PHP to view a numeric key as an associative array key?
- Reading mail from PHP
- Remove certain keys and values from associative array
- Problem with using PHPQuery
- Laravel not executing queries with 'having' clause
- How to maintain inclusion references while loading a new form on PHP?
- Which of these 2 database setups should I choose?
- Can missing delimiter errors in a preg/PHP regexp be read programmatically?
- Add a custom class to variation options displaying "Out Of Stock" in Woocommerce
- How are soap envelopes generated and why would .NET and php clients produce/receive different soap envelopes?
- Connecting a Docker container to a remote MySQL Database
- Why is my cron task working in command line, but not in PLESK?
- How to extract specific variables from a string?