Add a scrollbar on Ncurses or make it like "more"
Thanks for the both answers.. I appreciate it.. I am still debating whether creating a buffer mechanism for Ncurses will be easier than implement a client like "more" ... by more I mean user should be able to type in command at the bottom while server is dumping log.. Currently I have two threads on dumps log in the top sub window and other takes command input at the bottom... – Shawn Jul 7 '11 at 22:20 ,Assuming your ncurses is compiled with Unicode support (remember to set the environment correctly when initializing ncurses, look into "setlang"), you can use following characters:,I'm not entirely sure if you are asking about how to implement scrollback or how to draw a scrollbar with ncurses. My guess is the second.,If you maintain a list or array of lines in your client and ask ncurses to paint a range of lines as a sliding window, you can slide your window up and down in response to ^F ^B ^U ^D ^Y ^E commands, which just repaints the screen with different indexes.
Assuming your ncurses is compiled with Unicode support (remember to set the environment correctly when initializing ncurses, look into "setlang"), you can use following characters:
Unicode: ▲-U + 25 B2 BLACK UP - POINTING TRIANGLE▼ - U + 25 BC BLACK DOWN - POINTING TRIANGLE▮ - U + 25 AE BLACK VERTICAL RECTANGLE ASCII: 176 - ░Light shaded block 177 - ▒Medium shaded block 178 - ▓Dark shaded block 219 - █Block block
Application Lifecycle> Running a Business Sales / Marketing Collaboration / Beta Testing Work Issues ,Read the question carefully.,View Unanswered Questions,Most Valuable Professionals
The addch() methods take a character, which can be either a string of length 1, a bytestring of length 1, or an integer.,Move to position y,x within the window, and display str or ch, using attribute attr,Windows are the basic abstraction in curses. A window object represents a rectangular area of the screen, and supports methods to display text, erase it, allow the user to input strings, and so forth.,This document describes how to use the curses extension module to control text-mode displays.
import curses stdscr = curses.initscr()
Other "scrollbar-undefined" queries related to "Add a scrollbar on Ncurses or make it like "more""
- React-select: Is it possible to add animated components and custom components simultaneously?
- Pass additional props through hookrouter
- I was adding a background image in my react js . But it is showing an error
- How can add an icon within styled input element (styled component)?
- How to retrieve the last added record from the database in the MERN technology stack?
- React-perfect-scrollbar - doesn't get updated for div holding accordions
- React - How to add suffix to input element that follows user input?
- Add property to object in state array with useReducer
- How to add/remove a div on button click in react js
- Add/Remove CSS classes for buttons in a React Component
- Adding button inside Ant-design table column
- How do I add a key to my components, while getting the key prop warning in React
- Adding tags to Gatsby Contentful blog
- How to make a button click add selection in react-select dropdown?
- React: File-Saver adding underscore between the filename
- 'PUT' Request to database is adding wrong value
- Outlook Addin. - is possible Pin Panel by Default?
- Add values to an array within a state object using useState React hook
- Adding data labels inside charts in ReactJS is not working?
- Add new css class with out replace the olders on a React Component
- Using react-leaflet-geosearch in React Leaflet: cannot read property addControl
- How to perevent reseting the website when changing the address bar URL manually - using local storage
- How to add transition in React while changing background of a component using setInterval() method
- IOS - vertical scrollbar doesn't appear in default + doesn't work
- How to add a CSS class to an element with React function components
- Create a file using Runtime.exec using echo in linux?
- Remove / Replace the username field with email using FOSUserBundle in Symfony2 / Symfony3
- Defined or define in PHP [duplicate]
- How to remove ^[, and all of the escape sequences in a file using linux shell scripting
- How to get seconds elapsed since midnight
- How to list the contents of a package using YUM?
- How do you log all API calls using Guzzle 6
- How to remove lines based on another file? [duplicate]
- How to include phpspreadsheet library without composer?
- Loop 0xb7 assembles but won't link
- Perl- What function am I looking for? Assigning multiple rules to a specified outcome
- Detect if the FreeType PHP extension is installed on the server
- Getting cpu cycles using RDTSC - why does the value of RDTSC always increase?
- What's the difference between PDOStatement->bindParam() and PDOStatement->bindValue()? [duplicate]
- Windows equivalent of inet_aton
- How does a socket event get propagated/converted to epoll?
- Display php-cli output in columns
- How do I add a line of text to the middle of a file using bash?
- C++ reading a file in binary mode. Problems with END OF FILE
- Can I set up a default method argument with class property in PHP?